Most Requested Links
Latest Press Releases
July 28, 2014 - PARTNERSHIP FOR NEW JERSEY CITIES AGENDA
July 11, 2014 - WATER IN THE CITY OF NEWARK IS SAFE
July 9, 2014 - MAYOR RAS J. BARAKA AND MUNICIPAL COUNCIL HOLD PRESS CONFERENCE TO DISCUSS RESULTS OF TRANSITION TEAM STUDY AT NEWARK PUBLIC LIBRARY
July 2, 2014 - STATEMENT BY NEWARK FIRE DIRECTOR JAMES STEWART ON RESPONSE TO 911 CALLS ON FATHER’S DAY FIRE
April 30, 2014 CITY OF NEWARK OFFERING TAX AMNESTY PROGRAM FROM MAY 1, 2014, THROUGH MAY 30, 2014
Newark Master Plan
- Environmental Health, which provides comprehensive delivery of inspection services, investigations,
and education programs to citizens and consumers in order to assure a healthful and protected
- Health Planning, which assists management in setting policy to develop the goals, objectives, and
parameters of Newark's medical, social, and environmental health services to ensure access, quality,
and outcome-based care for Newark residents.
- Medical Care Services, which promotes the health of all Newark residents, particularly the vulnerable
population, by providing medical care services to Newark residents through a variety of medical
- Social Services, which provides quality services to Newark's children and senior citizens through new
technology; by collaborating with agencies; by identifying resources for funding new and major and/or
existing programs; and by providing educational training for staff and community.
- Surveillance and Prevention, which monitors disease trends and develops and maintains a public health
system in an effort to improve the City of Newark's ability to address the health needs of residents and
provide prevention and early intervention activities.